Re: Segmentation of numbers

Jean-Christophe Helary

Hello Miguel,

The easiest way to deal with such rogue segments is to go to your original file, make sure that the thing between "24" and "Hour National Crisis Line" is really a space (erase the current space and add a new "standard" one) and reload.

If that still doesn't work you can start to worry about rogue segmentation rules :)

Jean-Christophe Helary

On Apr 23, 2020, at 6:52, M -- via groups.io <testaferro7=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hello all,

I have a problem with the segmentation of numbers. I have something like this:

24<segment 01>
Hour National Crisis Line<segment 02>

When in fact, it should be:
24 Hour National Crisis Line<segment 01>

There is no line break after the number 24, all the hidden tags (if any) have been cleaned with "Document Cleaner" inTranstools.

I haven't found a way to make it work using the Segmentation Setup within Omegat. Any ideas. I am not a Regex expert.

It does work well if I change "Hour" to "hour". Then I have the correct segmentation: 24 hour National Crisis Line<segment 01>
However, I would prefer not to touch the original file to make changes like this.

I don't have this problem when numbers are in the middle of a sentence, only at the beginning.

My OS is Windows 10 and I work with OMEGAT 5.2.

Thanks a lot!

Miguel

Join chat@omegat.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.