Jean-Christophe Helary

Thank you very much Charlotte.

Jean-Christophe

On Aug 24, 2020, at 21:52, Charlotte <charlottematou@...> wrote:

Hi Jean-Christophe,

I'm using the opportunity to give you a shoutout for the many times you
helped me on Twitter before I got on this mailing list. Thank you! I have
added an "omegaT" column in my Tweetdeck and will try and help you spotting
requests.

Best wishes,

Charlotte Matoussowsky
charlotte.matoussowsky@...
+33 (0)6 74 81 80 63
https://fr.linkedin.com/in/matoussowskycharlotte

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Jean-Christophe Helary <jean.christophe.helary@...>
Envoyé : lundi 24 août 2020 11:17
À : Mailing list for OmegaT user support
<omegat-users@...>
Cc : chat@omegat.groups.io
Objet : [Omegat-users] Official twitter account

Hello everybody.

Since the end of June, and for personal reason, I've been a lot less on the
web.

As far as the official twitter account is concerned (@OmegaTOfficial) I'm
still handling it but there are 2 issues:

1) The number of tweets that contain the string "omegat" and that are not
related to OmegaT is significant

2) The amount of time I can spend checking said tweets is limited

As far as the official account is concerned, I try to do the following:

1) Send a nice message to people who say they like or use OmegaT (like
"don't hesitate to ask any question")

2) Help when the tweet describes a problem the user has with OmegaT

3) Retweet stuff that is relevant to the community.

among other things.

When the tweet is in a language I do not understand (anything but French,
Japanese, English) the "Translate Tweet" function is usually enough to
understand it and react in a relevant manner.

Since Didier handed me the account, I think I've not done too bad and the
reactions are generally positive.

Now, I'd appreciate the following help:

If anyone finds a random tweet that is obviously related to OmegaT and to
which neither @OmegaTOfficial nor @brandelune have replied, please just
retweet or "forward" or do whatever so that I know the tweet exists, with a
tag to @OmegaTOfficial.

If you feel like helping or replying directly to the user, feel free to do
so. @OmegaTOfficial does not have to be the only active OmegaT related
twitter account. In fact, Didier handed me the account when he had to quit
because I was actively supporting users in Japanese under my personal
account: @brandelune.

I've noticed that Japanese users are more likely to use Twitter than other
language speakers, which is interesting, but there are a lot of Spanish
users (lots of students) and a number of other language speakers (Russian,
Arabic, etc.). It's quite interesting and fun to help them.

So just go ahead, no need for a green light or anything.

And thanks in advance.

--
Jean-Christophe Helary @brandelune
http://mac4translators.blogspot.com